Monday, February 7, 2011

The Adventures of a Slightly Feverish Preschool Picker-Upper

Okay, guys. Here's what happened today.

Preschool pickup was pretty normal. A lot of times I leave the car on, so William can have heat and music while I grab Nora and run back to the car. So when I picked her up and brought her back to the car, imagine my alarm when I found all the doors locked.

Oh, crap.

I ran inside to see if I could use a phone to call George. He literally works right around the corner, so it could be as little as a five minute wait. I thought myself a genius with a quick save until he didn't answer his office phone or his cell, and neither did anyone else in the office.

In the meantime, one of the other parents stood next to the car to keep William company. God bless her!

Nora's teacher and I bounced ideas off one another as to how in the world I'd get my car open. Could she drive me home? I can't get in the house; all my keys are on the same ring in the car. Can she take me to my husband's office? I don't know where he is...I don't want to leave William, etc., etc. Finally, she suggested I call the police. I did, and they immediately sent out a local mechanic.

He was there in two minutes and had my car open in less time, the only problematic item being my car alarm going off every time we opened any door or touched anything in the car. All I've got to do is get to my keys to re-set the alarm with the key fob.

Aaaaaaaand...they're in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month