Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Scrambled Eggs

Okay. I don't have time to pretend I'm focused enough to create metaphors. It's my brain that's scrambled, not my eggs.

Here's what I've done today.

1. Drop off William at therapy. We're midway through potty training, as of today. Lord have mercy. We've cleaned up a lot of poop the past two days.
2. Drive to library. Set up camp at a desk.
3. Think to self, hm. What am I going to do today? Get out planner.
4. Realize Nora is five years old and we never claimed her birth certificate, which she needs for the first time in her life ON MONDAY to register for kindergarten. Crap.
5. Do quick search online, find cheap option for ordering an Ohio certificate on the quick.
6. Fill out app as fast as I can. Maybe if I submit this by 9:00, they can get it in the mail today.
7. Realize no total was ever stated.
8. Receive email that says company may want to contact me for more information.
9. Call husband, tell him I think I did something very, very bad.
10. Research company like I should have in the first place and discover I just gave out all my vital information and some of my daughter's to a scam.
11. Feel stupid.
12.Cancel debit card, order new one, and dispute apparent $74 fraudulent charge on account.
13.Search online what to do in case of identity theft.
14. Place fraud alert on credit report.
15. Exchange 27 emails with husband.
16. Cry in library.
17. Research the function, expense, and duration of a credit freeze.
18. Call Ohio Department of Health, because you know what? I still need a freaking birth certificate.
19. Order a real birth certificate, which is, believe it or not, considerably cheaper than the fraudulent variety.
20. Find out that it's a much smaller-scale scam than I was thinking, so put police report on the back burner to simmer until tomorrow morning.
21. Eat lunch.
22. Think to self about the time a nurse came in our room the day after Nora was born and said, here's this half page of info to fill out. If you turn it in in the next 30 days, your birth certificate is free. After that, you'll have to pay for it. Yes, ma'am. Yes, I did.
23. Exchange two professional emails and field one personal phone call.
24. Try to figure out what to eat when you get home at 5:00 and your son and therapist have to eat in the bathroom, and you need to spend as much time in there as possible yourself. Remember: carryout is not an option for the allergic-to-everything population.
25. Make grocery list of things you know you don't have time to make, but it's the quickest stuff you can think of.
26. Write in your blog to make yourself feel better. 

Because I've done 26 things today. Right? So what if one of them is "cry in library?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month