Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A funny thing happened on the way to sleep

Yesterday was one of those days...like the kind you don't think you can carry the burden you've been given anymore. So when the day was over, I just lay in bed and cried. Just cried and cried. Will was behind me, with his arms wrapped around me, trying to comfort me, and when the weren't any words left, I kept crying and he held me in silence. Finally, he spoke up.

Him: I'm really sorry, Maura, but I keep wanting to do the typical man thing and--
Me: Are you kidding me?! I am openly weeping! What is wrong with you?

Silence.

I whip around to look at him. His forehead's all crumpled up, confused and disgusted.

Him: Ew, that's not what I meant. I was going to say that, even though I know you just want me to listen, I keep wanting to say something to make you feel better...

And then we started laughing. And couldn't stop laughing. It was awesome.

So if you've ever wondered how to make a woman stop crying, here's what you do. You make a list of the worst ways you can think of to ask for sex. Most of what we came up with, you don't wanna know. But we had some real winners on our hands.

So I suppose we'll live another day. Thanks, raunchy humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month