I'm mostly writing this in order to document it for myself. I want this to be in black and white for when I start wanting another baby. I'm not saying I will veto the idea of having another one after this. I just want to make an educated decision, based upon my own experience, which I seem to forget. Often.
It's Thursday, and I'm 38 weeks pregnant. I'll be 39 weeks on Sunday. And I have felt first-day-of-the-cycle cramps for roughly a week now, with no end in sight because guess what? I'm not even overdue yet. Cervical pressure, nausea, wobbly contractions that are painful but inconsistent, sharp pains shooting through my back and into my hips even after massage and chiropractic treatment--all hints that any minute now! this will all be over. But I'm starting to not even believe my own body and its signals because it's been doing this for a week or more and could theoretically continue like this for another week. Or two. Or three. Probably not more than that. But three weeks feels utterly impossible, especially with more than a week of that being the older kids' winter break, which my otherwise very helpful husband does not get off. Add to that the fact that I am wholly consumed by the overwhelming longing to meet our son, and...I kind of feel like crying. All the time.
What do you do, really? Other than pray that it ends--tomorrow, please? And do all those stupid remedies to induce labor that are really uncomfortable and don't work anyway?
Sad face.
No comments:
Post a Comment