I just get too excited sometimes. I'm like a puppy. I run around chasing my tail and yapping about it and then I just fall over and sleep for three hours.
All that tail-chasing is a lot of energy spent, you know. When you're going, going, going, you just...get tired. And then you stop, and you're like, uh oh. That's a longer road than I thought. And it's got a lot more hurdles than I'd counted on.
So tonight, after the kids went to bed and George went to his little geek party, I plopped myself on the couch and was incapable of moving for the next three hours. I really wanted popcorn. But I couldn't fathom lighting enough fire under my beeeeehind to actually get up and do it. Now, that, my friends, is lazy. I'm even too lazy to stuff my own face.
It's not like I worked hard today. I'm sort of on strike with William this week. Not really on purpose. I just had something--like everything else in me right now--that simply shut off and can't do it right now. Nora, even. She was at preschool in the morning, she slept half the afternoon, and the other half of it, she watched Thomas. I definitely did not win any mom prizes today.
I'm not even going to be coy about it and be all like, what's going on? I'm overwhelmed. It is a little weird, to be fair, since my mind is going on strike after I've already designated each to-do item to a specific day between now and Christmas. But whatever. I had on my list today to clean out my closet and write one devotional. I blew them both off. I even had a moment tonight when I thought to myself, this devotional book isn't going to happen. It was a nice idea, but as usual, Maura, you try to do too much. Just forget it. It even occurred to me to try to convince myself I didn't really care about it that much, anyway.
I know it's nonsense. I just don't have the energy to put the fight into words.
Rest and recovery are just as important as the running and the weight lifting. Enjoy the down time your body is imposing on you. Sometimes it knows what it's talking about. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you.