Sunday, November 7, 2010

Heeeeere Comes Christmas! Also, Thanksgiving.

And thus begins the whirlwind of holiday activity. One more whirlwind through which I think I can maintain my sanity.

No really, it's cool. I know a while back I was freaking out about making Halloween costumes, putting together a book someone might actually buy, taking soy out of an already-restrictive diet, and planning on hosting not one, but both holiday gatherings this winter on said diet. But I'm not anymore.

I feel a little funny about giving out details online about what my exact experience was at the conference, but suffice it to say, I drove home on a cloud. And, well, let me check something...yep, it seems I'm still sitting on it. So, it was good. And it was an incredible relief to know that all my work in the past month has been worth it. Nora made a very, very good kitty for Halloween. Cutest one I've ever seen. :)

Also, I think I made a good decision in reassessing my mental health. I stepped back, realized that not everyone, in fact, struggles to breathe every time someone brings up Thanksgiving. So we're jumping ship. My parents get to worry about gluten-free stuffing, and we're keeping them company at their house. Aah. Air in my lungs.

So, all I have to worry about is covering my house top to bottom in red and green.

Sweet sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pageviews last month