You all know how my daughter talks. And yet...I thought it might be interesting to try a conversation starter with her.
Me: Nora, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Nora: A parrot.
Me: A parrot?
Nora: Uh huh. I want to sing and fly.
Me: Well, that's not really a job. You could be a teacher, like Daddy. Or a writer, like Mommy, and make up stories. Or you could play an instrument, or make songs, or be a police officer or a firefighter.
Nora: I want to cut someone's hair.
Me: Oh! Like Gaga?
Nora: Yes! I can cut my hair.
Me: Okay. But not until you're grown up.
Nora: No? *shoulder slump*
Me: That's okay, honey! We're talking about what you want to be when you grow up.
Nora: I want to be a parrot.
Me: Are you saying parrot or parent?
Nora: Parrot.
Me: Honey, you're always going to be a human being. And we're talking about what you'd like to do when you're a big human.
Nora: (burst into tears) NOOOOO! I WANT TO BE A PARROT!
Me: Oh my gosh, fine; be a parrot.
So. Anybody know of any parrot colleges?
Laughing.... outloud.... SO hilarious.
ReplyDelete