Would you believe me if I told you my last post was the result of a selfish blog hacker with no real perspective on life?
I wouldn't, either.
Okay, fine; it was me, pouting. Feeling bad for myself. Here's why it was foolish.
My sister-in-law lost her brother yesterday morning to a horrible genetic disorder. Something like that can't help but very loudly point out all that I have to be thankful for. Yes, my little boy has autism, and yes we've had an insane half-decade. But I have the good fortune of watching my children eat their lunch happily, thinking to myself, they're healthy. I might worry a little bit that this lunch might turn into a poop-covered bedroom, but what I don't worry about? Whether or not he'll make it to high school graduation.
I have the hope of waking up to a living room full of his sleeping friends, and the hope of college, and the hope of something as little as phone conversations.
My flat tire did, in fact, come at exactly the right time. I was looking at it all wrong. I was mad that it happened, but the thing is, it was going to happen anyway. Why not when I'm within walking distance of my house? The Lord had great mercy on me by allowing it to happen then. It could have happened the next morning when the roads were terrible, or when I had the kids in the car. It could have happened this weekend, when I was traveling 3 hours to Fort Wayne to visit friends I haven't seen for almost a year. It could have happened anywhere I'd be going faster than I was, and might have lost control of the car.
Lord, have mercy for my near-sightedness. Your blessings to me are overwhelming.
No comments:
Post a Comment