Made it to the gym today.
It never ceases to amaze me what this does for my outlook on the day. It's truly amazing. All I did was ride a stationary bike for 20 minutes, and any sense of dread or sadness or missing my mom...gone. Well, ok, Mom. I still totally miss you. But I'm not crying about it like I was yesterday.
I am swimming in information about autism right now. Shout out to my awesome husband who sent me to Borders last night for some nice fiction, and didn't rip my head off when I came home with a gluten-free casein-free cookbook instead. Another shout out to Alexandra, who I'm not sure even reads this, but sent me all the information I didn't know how to find on alternative treatments, and bunches of other people who have sent me resources and contact info. for parents of kids on the spectrum. You guys are amazing and so, so helpful. Looking at this information scared me until you put it in my inbox, and now it is incredibly comforting.
I wrote in my journal yesterday that I was certain I absolutely cannot do this. But now, with information and endorphins tucked under my belt, I feel for this first time this morning like we might all be okay. And we might be okay now, even.
Thank you, everyone.
Good for you! So you totally inspired me to get on the elliptical today - I need that pick-me-up.
ReplyDelete