Any minute now, the skin on my face is going to break and you're going to see the terminator underneath. I don't know if the real terminators shot lasers out of their eyes, but my eyes will definitely shoot lasers.
Conversations with Nora lately. They go something like this.
Mommy: (sing songy voice) Oh Noooora...time to get up! We have a big day today. We're going to make cookies.
Nora: (sits up, wide awake, laughing) Ohhh, no we're not.
Mommy: You'll love it!
Nora: No! I won't love it! (Cries)
Mommy: Okay, fine. I thought it would be fun. What do you want to do today?
Nora: No cookies!
Mommy: Okay. Cookies are out. What do you want to do?
Nora: (hits herself in the face)
Mommy: I bet that hurt.
Nora: (Wailing) No it didn't! Waaah!
Mommy: Okay, Nora let's settle down. I just want to know what you want to do today.
Nora: (shouting) I want my Gaga!
Mommy: Sssh! We don't want to wake your brother yet. But you know, we can sit here on your bed and play with your toy barn, if you want. Or we can go build a fort. Hey, is that a rainbow on your pajamas?
Nora: (throws bunny)
You see, of course, why my skin is ready to break free from the steel underneath. Everyone, get away. I'm only nice on the outside. Inside, I have lasers.
Oh lord. I'm so sorry. Breathe, breathe, breathe. Walk away. Breathe.
ReplyDeleteI remember that with little J. The power of simply negation.
:) I usually get the following:
ReplyDeleteMe: Caleb, it's time to wake up.
C: Where are we going?
Me: Miss Leslie's
C: I don't want to go to Miss Leslie's (shoutinig)
Later:
Me: Caleb let's go inside.
C: I don't want Miss Leslie to talk to me!
...it's comforting to me to know that 3 yo across the states do things similarly.
Best of luck with Nora. :)