I'm totally 28 years old, but sometimes, I have to say--I love being my mama's baby. Especially when life is the way it is. :D
We had a phone conversation last Tuesday, and I was all like, "Ahh!" and she was like, "Well, why don't I come on out there?" She's so great. 24 hours later, there she was, in my kitchen. I love my mom.
So while she was out here, and before our sofa mattress all but destroyed her back, she replaced all our ratty underwear, dishcloths, and dish towels, and helped me figure out what to do about my whites getting all dingy. And she took over where I'd dropped the ball out of pure exhaustion with the dishes, the yard work, and cleaning up after the kids. I'm going to say it here: I'm no slump when it comes to keeping house. But when you've got little ones, ugh. Sometimes, yes. Sitting on the couch with my feet up wins out over my crusty pans. Lately? Feet have been winning over pans...and all our silverware and bowls and whisks and wooden spoons...and the mountains of laundry springing up all over the house...and the filthy bathroom. Ew. Mom let me put my feet up and my house sparkled. And she was brave enough to shower in my bathroom. :D
She also let me sleep in, got my fat-skinny-fat-skinny-fat tail end back in the gym, and sat down with me while I made phone calls to different hospitals. And when I got off the phone with PMCH, the day I got the really bad news about February testing (rather than November), she stood there with her arms open, saying, "Oh, no...honey, come here. I'm so sorry." Then, when the hugging was done, we talked about what to do next, and she motivated me to call the Cleveland Clinic and other out-of-state hospitals.
You know, sometimes, you get so tired, so overwhelmed, so isolated...you just think, I can never move from this spot. I'm completely paralyzed. When that happens to me, I tend to go into robot-mode. I just, you know. Sit up in bed. Legs go out of bed. Stand up on legs. Etc. I'm moving, but not really. My mind's shut off.
Thanks, Mom, for getting me moving again. I'm motivated again to do what I need to do. And it gave me enough time away from the kids that I can't stand it--I've simply gotta kiss the crap out of those perfect little cheeks. The kids' cheeks, that is. Not yours. Though I don't mind your cheeks.
I feel like I'm back. I can do this now.
Here is something for you, Maura: I found this helpful. We get a daily quote by email.
ReplyDeleteFrom Blessed Elder Thaddeus of Serbia: +2002
That it is imperative we bring our burdens,
and those of our neighbor, to the Lord
[Part 8 of 8]
"When our neighbor comes to us with his troubles, we take part in them. But if we do not know how to relax - to give all our infirmities and those of our neighbor to the Lord - then we bear this cumbersome burden in our own minds and hearts; and, over time, we become unbearably stressed and nervous. We become irritable. We cannot stand our own selves, let alone other people around us --- our family members and - of course - our co-workers. Our life becomes miserable and stressed, and our nerves become strained. This is because we have not taught ourselves to let go of our thoughts. When our thoughts are at peace, our body rests too."
Thank you so much for that. I'm in tears. :) Lord, have mercy!
ReplyDelete