Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flying the coop

I totally hung out with the football team again today. I think they wish they had biceps like mine. That's right. *flex*

I think I misjudged how many of them there were. Shoved in a tiny space like that, I was guessing twenty. Since I got to the gym a tiny bit late today, they left before I was done, and as I was leaving, I saw them doing some crab-crawling racing or something on the basketball court. I am certain now that there's at least 40 of them. That's how many strapping young men I'm dodging when I sit down and do my little shoulder presses with my little ten-pound weights. *grin* I don't think this will ever cease to entertain me. Well, actually, it's more entertaining on days like today when I just grab an elliptical and hang out there for 40 minutes. Not as much on the days I do the dodging.

Oh well. What doesn't kill us makes us football players, I guess.

The kids and I are going to visit my parents in Ohio on Friday, and we're staying for a little over a week. The kids and my parents will be crazy thrilled to see each other, and I love to watch the interaction (and I am, in fact, looking forward to seeing them too). Plus, we have a family friend in town who is a counselor, and my parents and George have all encouraged me to go see her, just to see if someone I already know and trust gives me a similar diagnosis.

I think in the past 12 hours or so, I'm starting to prep myself just in case I hear a repeat of Friday's session. If I do, I've decided I'm going to allow an hour for myself. In this hour, I will cry. And cry and cry. After my hour is done, it's on to planning my next steps.

This Ohio counselor I plan to see once. If she says the same thing my therapist at home did, I'll go back to her when I come home. If not, I'm looking for someone else in nearby cities.

Also, while I'm visiting Mom and Dad, I plan to talk with a pharmacist I've dealt with before who specializes in natural remedies, vitamins, natural hormone supplements. I'm going to ask him if he knows a therapist who supports this kind of approach. He's recommended St. John's Wort for me before, but I have done some reading and have found that SJW actually is the only known vitamin that completely negates effectiveness for the birth control I'm currently using.

Okay. Hold up. I have to laugh at this.

Can you imagine? I'm trying squash PPD, and I end up getting pregnant again? That is not a solution.

I may be sick for saying this, but that's funny.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you that your blog inspires me! I am not sure i could be as brave as you are! please read my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lordy. You said it. I'll start knitting the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! No blankets! No blankets because I'm having no more babies! Yet...

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month