Tomorrow is my appointment with the Ohio counselor.
I'm a little nervous, actually. I feel like I've got so much crap to lay on the table, there's no way I can get it all out and get answers all in one session. Here's why I love my husband: when I told him that, he told me, to keep myself focused in the session, get a journal and write "PPD stuff" on the first page, then flip halfway through and write "Other crap." George? I love you for keeping it light. Mwah.
Anyway, I think it'll be good, once I'm done sweating and shivering. I do that when I get nervous, unfortunately. And actually, even more unfortunately, I get an unusually inappropriate case of the giggles. I'll have to remember to wear black. And also a mask.
I'm nervous about hearing again that my brain is "wired" this way. Some of you have asked why that's a problem for me, and I'll clear that up here. It's a different thing to be depressed for a short segment of your life, but to find out that this is probably something you'll deal with for the rest of it...wow. That's some big news, and I wasn't expecting it. The more I think about it, the more I'm afraid I'm going to hear it again. I have come to find out more and more information about how this actually runs in my family. I find out almost every couple weeks about someone else in my family who had it, and I found out about another one today, which utterly floored me. I'm starting to wonder if there's anyone left who hasn't had it.
I mean...this is starting to look not so good for me. Can I have a hug? Please? Even though I'm totally sweaty?
I'll hug ya sweaty. C'mere.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks, friend. *squish*
ReplyDelete~BIG HUG~
ReplyDeletehugs! i know it's scary. i know it's disappointing. i know it's...ironically...depressing. after your session, if you hear some bad news, go get yourself a nice big ice cream sundae. i know you are trying to lose weight but you deserve it. but then you can't have one for like, 3 weeks. anyway, it seems like you have lots of support around you and that's a good thing. keep us posted. praying you hear what you want to, and if not, that you can handle it with the help of those around you. george is a great husband! more hugs!
ReplyDeleteLol...thanks. Yeah, last week there was a LOT of ice cream. I'm off it now for the next month. Or two.
ReplyDelete