I've decided that I'm actually becoming a football player now.
We work out at the gym at the college where George works, and I've discovered that my workout time of choice coincides with the football team's workout time. Hm. Anyway, it's no big thing. I fit right in. Like, I know I'm wearing a blinding-pink tank top and I bump all the weights down 100 pounds, but, you know. I can start screaming in my last three reps of everything. Soon enough, if you walked into my gym during our workout time, you wouldn't even notice me. I know I blend right in. It's cool.
So, after my workout at which I felt right at home among my football brothers, I actually ran to Kroger to get Motrin for William's cruel molar which still isn't in and is still beating up all Opriskos during the night. All before 7 am. Crazy? Definitely. But I'll tell you--it feels good to be ready to see my kids when they wake up. Having a child or children more awake than you is a rather uncomfortable experience, and I try to keep that at a minimum.
With Motrin and toothpaste in hand, I came home to do my devotions over breakfast. It was good today. I found this lovely quote from St. John Climacus: "Do not say, after spending a long time in prayer, that nothing has been gained; for you have already gained something. And what higher good is there than to cling to the Lord and persevere in unceasing union with Him?" Ahh. Thank you, St. John.
It is on my list of things to do today to call two counselors to see if I can get a referral. Confession: I have been dragging my feet on this. I know I need to do it. I do. It's just...ugh. You know. I just have to grit my teeth and do it.
RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! COUNSELING! YEAH! COME ON! *smacks face* *punches mirror*
I'm definitely getting better at this.
No comments:
Post a Comment