Sick today. Stupid little virus my son had.
I feel tons better (and, thankfully, so does my little guy). George stayed home from work and let me sleep all day. But being sick did kinda blow my workout. Kinda like the crazy snow blew my workout yesterday. Still going for 5 days out of 7, though.
Something else I'm working toward (aside from the five earlier-stated goals) is to make really, really good moments with the kids. That was also blown today by being sick. Sometimes I sit by and watch my kids play, and I feel like a babysitter. Anybody else feel like that? Like you watch them play and you haven't got the slightest idea what to do with them, other than make sure they don't climb the bookshelves or something?
Well, nobody climbed today. Anyway, I think it's just winter being winter. Especially with all this snow. You can't leave the house. You can only draw so many apples and grapes at the request of your 3-year-old, and you can only make so many Finding Nemo characters out of Play-Doh. When you can go outside and play, or get the stroller out and walk to the library, it makes a big difference. Here's to a gentle spring, people. UGH! Snow, snow, go away!! Come again another...um, never.
No prayer time yet today. Not yet. George is going to the office tonight and he's planning on spending pretty much all night there to make up for his lost day, so I've got plenty of quiet time to take care of it. So, there's that, and maybe then some popcorn, a blanket, and Better Homes and Gardens. :D I am a total BHG junkie. I own it.
So I feel pretty good, mentally. As well as I can be right now, that is, snowed in my house, with two workouts in a row blown to bits. I'm just kind of waiting for tomorrow. Tomorrow should be better. My bff is coming into town with her guy, and staying with us, I think. So, that takes care of my isolation thing and I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE HER. And I think I can wake up early enough to get to the gym at 6am, if William doesn't wake up in pain from his jerk of a new molar. I mean, really. I've never met such a mean old tooth.
So, here's to tomorrow. Today could've been worse and it wasn't, but...here's to tomorrow.
i got the memory game at www.feeleez.com. about your post, yes, i do feel like a babysitter sometimes. i look at my kids and think we should be doing something educational. but i can't think of what. most of the time i'm too lazy to really play with them. it's not that i can't, or don't know what to do, it's just that i don't want to. i think all parents feel that way sometimes. some more than others (looking guiltily the other way). i always pictured myself as a much cooler, funner, more organized, and educational parent, but, turns out, i'm not in a huggies commercial. eh. well. if my kids don't grow up going to therapy because of me, what will they spend their hard earned money on?
ReplyDeleteHi Maura,
ReplyDeleteLove your blog. I'm excited to see that you have an outlet where you can freely express "you." I kow you're going to be a huge blessing as you share honest words of wisdom from the heart. I just wanted to peek in and say hello.
Blessings,
Syrone