I am almost completely not sick. I'm like at 95% functionality. I would think I'm completely fine if not for the occasional wave of nausea and the occasional (albeit very intense) desire to just lay down and sleep away the next three hours. And do not wink at me. I am not pregnant.
It's still a little scary to look at me. I didn't realize this until last night when I was about to go to bed. I was feeling so much better yesterday, I assumed it must have translated to my face. And God bless my husband. He made me feel so beautiful. He kept commenting on how pretty my smile looked, how good I looked today. I thought I must've looked SO much better. And then I looked in the mirror and went "WHOA!" and ducked. I guess I must have been pretty terrifying to look at three days ago.
So I think we have to stay away from civilization for yet another day or two. We were going to visit some friends tomorrow about 45 minutes away, but I might just send George. I really don't want to infect them. His friend's wife is due to have a baby in about a week and a half, and I doubt she wants puking to be a part of the whole labor process if it doesn't have to be. You know.
On the William front: he is a new boy. I'm so proud of him. I know it's more than this, but I feel like all that's left is for him to one day start speaking in sentences. Like I said, there's definitely more to work on than that. But he's making great eye contact. He's using ALL of the following words:
1. All done/all gone
2. Up
3. Down
4. Go!
5. No
6. Hi/hello
7. I did it!
He also points, howls like a dog, sniffs like a bunny, signs "more" on his own, makes sounds when playing with toy cars and planes, and plays regularly with his sister. A month ago, he didn't do ANY of that. None. He had no words, no pointing, hardly any eye contact, no social interaction. I am so proud of the progress he's made in such a short amount of time. What a kid.
So today, all things considered, I feel pretty good. You know. For what it is. You can't help feeling pretty good mentally when your broken body is finally starting to put itself back together. It's difficult being shut away from the whole world in the meantime. But, on the upside, I will more than surely be ready to throw myself in once I'm 100%. I've missed my kids and my friends and their friends...and going for walks, and getting my workout in, and goofing off with my husband. There's so much I'm just ready to do again.
We're so close. Keep moving!
"I did it!" Is a complete sentence :-D
ReplyDeleteLoving it!!!
ReplyDeleteLol...it sure is, Becky.
ReplyDeleteyou should see me when i get sick. i guarantee i can top how you look. i am a violent vomiter. so much so that i pop all the blood vessels in my face making me look like i literally got beat up. or like i have leprosy. it is so embarrassing. i had to do a parent-teacher conference looking like that (cause it takes at least 3 days to look normal) and i was so self-conscious that she thought i was a battered wife. and it doesn't help that i wear big sunglasses to hide it. ugh. it's horrible. glad you are feeling better though.
ReplyDelete