I am learning so much from my friend, K. I've been having trouble getting yeast to activate for bread, especially on cold days, and she told me you could heat the water in the microwave, put the yeast in, and shut the door. The heat stays in there and activates it. Brilliant!
Also, apparently the art museum in Indy is free. I mean...whaaaat? I went all winter not knowing that?
Plus, it's getting me to the gym every day. I was doing pretty well before she starting coming, but I've done two weeks straight through, no misses. That never happens. And the gym time ends up sparking lots of playdates, which is cool. Playdates help so, so much. I can't even begin to describe how they change the drone of the stay-at-home life.
I don't think I mentioned this before, but Nora is currently visiting her grandparents out-of-state. For a week. And we forgot her bunny and blanket. This is very big for her, and apparently she's taking it like a champ. My mom made her a cape so she could be a Wonder Pet, and my suspicion is that it's helping a lot. :) Anyway, I miss her. I don't necessarily wish she were back right now, because this break is really nice. But when we meet my parents and get her back on Saturday, I'll be ready for her. I miss that little face. And it hurts my ears, but I still miss her crazy voice when she gets all excited. I miss how much she loves me and wants to be close to me, interacting with me all the time. Again, I'm not ready for her to come back yet. But I will be. And I'm excited for it.
In the meantime, William is getting some very-much-needed alone time with George and me. He's been pointing, saying "up," "down," "all done," and "go!" and dancing his little heart out. He's also pushing a car to me, I'll push it back, he'll push it back again, and he'll do it like that for a while. I've been very impressed with what just two days alone with us has done for him. And God bless him. He's so tired. Whenever I've put him to bed, he's barely awake, and he's curled up in my arms just the way he was in the womb. Really. We have ultrasound pictures that look exactly like what he's doing in my arms. Anyway, he's sleeping through the night again, which is a huge relief. So, thanks Mom and Dad. You guys rock.
Come Saturday, I think we will have all learned a lot, we'll have had a little special time with loved ones, and we'll be so happy to see one another again. I think I'll be a better mom on Saturday.
I know I will be. Already, I'm better today than I was yesterday. :)
To get better everyday...that is the goal. Good job :)
ReplyDelete