This morning, William walked right up to me, looked me dead in the eye and said excitedly, "Hello!" It was awesome.
So, after a weekend of "swimming" (as opposed to sinking and/or drowning), I am still looking ahead to try to allow for more swimming. Last night, I looked at this week and went "UGH." Nothing on the calendar. Absolutely nothing. Oh, well, there was William's therapy session, but that's not till Thursday. AND. It's going to rain all week, starting tomorrow. Like I said. UGH.
So I decided to come up with a plan. Today, William's still looking a little peaky (sickie weekend--gross), so we're not going to plan any playdates for today or tomorrow. I'm actually going to let the kids play outside with a ball or something while I do some yard work. I'm going to make the front of our yard gorgeous. Mom and Dad got me this incredible hanging basket for Mothers' Day, so I'm all kinds of inspired. I've already trimmed up the bushes; I'm going to edge the beds and lay down some mulch. Imagine. Me with a pretty yard. Usually I'm the one with a faded flag hanging up, flowers that died a month ago from sheer dehydration, and random tree debris cluttering up the walkway. *Fists held high* Today, I declare, I am turning over a new...um, leaf.
Tomorrow, we're going to make cookies and a fort. And then, maybe, eat the cookies in the fort. I'm hoping for playdates Wednesday and Friday, and probably library day on Thursday.
Could it be that I just need to plan activities for the week, just like I plan menus?
Dude. I can do that. Farewell, sunshine. We'll be fine till you come back.
:)
ReplyDeleteLoving it! I so admire you on this journey; and posts like these, where you've found another piece of your puzzle make my heart sing! Keep it up! :-)
ReplyDelete