Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Super

I hesitate to say it, because it is not yet 3:00 (which is apparently the magical hour which tells whether or not I will lose my mind for the day). But Wednesday, I think, could very well have been saved already.

The last two days have been really hard. It's not that I feel dysfunctional or depressed. In fact, that was most of what I wrote about Monday and Tuesday--feeling frustrated, but salvagable. I didn't lie. I felt good about my mental state, but GRAAH! Sometimes being a mom is just hard. It just is. No matter how sane you are, no matter how meant for this you are, it's hard. And you have days you get to the end of and you just cry. The last two culminated in a horrible fight with my husband last night, and I think I just wept the whole night away. The end of it did fortunately involve him putting ice cream in the freezer, accompanied by his promise that it's mine, not his.

And yes, we were fighting over ice cream. Shut up.

Anyway, George is taking off Thursday and Friday for our anniversary (which is tomorrow), so I knew today was the last day of his work week. But when you have the start to the week that I did, you get a little nervous about this WHOLE looming Wednesday ahead. Lucky for me, this morning K came over with her kids, and everyone played pretty hard together. Two of hers are potty training, just like Nora, so we all hovered over the little potty for a good long time. That, I do believe, is something I never thought I'd do with a friend of mine.

Anyway, that was the morning. Kids clean, dressed, and worn out: done. House pretty much cleaned: done. Shower: done. Seriously? I have a naptime ahead of me with nothing to do but eat lunch?

So, George's brother is coming for dinner tonight, which is fun for the evening. And tomorrow is wedding anniversary #4. Because of budget, we're not able to really go anywhere super-special, so we've gotten some super-great ingredients to make a super-luxurious Italian dinner together. I'm excited. Someday, we'll go to Italy for our anniversary. But, during these days of $50 anniversary budgets, we shall cook Italian. And it shall be super.

So thank God for friends, and for good ice cream-bearing husbands. Mine, I think, saved my day.

And tomorrow's my anniversary! Woo!

1 comment:

  1. I find cooking together to be a very good anniversary celebration. Perhaps it can lead to some other good celebrating that has previously been discussed. Either way, Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month