Friday, June 4, 2010

Sleep Away

All I want to do today is sleep.

I don't want to entertain children or help them learn. I don't want to clean the kitchen or wash dishes; I don't want to figure out lunch. I want to sleep and/or go away for a day.

It's been a long time since I've felt that way. I'm not sure why I do today, exactly, other than the fact that it's what I do every day, and in order to avoid full mental shutdown, I have to plan every meal, every chore, every outing in advance. I'm tired of planning. I'm tired of being in charge. And, well, I'm just plain tired. I just want to enjoy one day.

Well, actually, I'd really like a few days so that I wouldn't feel bad frittering at least one of them away doing nothing but sleeping, meandering around stores, and watching TV and eating popcorn. The others I would spend doing something worthwhile like working on freelance material and organizing storage in the attic.

I can see the kids are bored. I just don't have it in me even to take them outside. Ugh.

Somebody. Please give me Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Hang on chica. Saturday is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. What is WITH today? I feel like that too! Boo, day, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know what's with today. It's Friday. We are all too ready for a crappy week to end, yes?

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month