Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stormy Weather

I woke up this morning to the sound of hail. Well, actually, I woke up to the sound of my alarm which was a children's cd playing "Simple Simon," but then I heard hail.

So, like a frightened little girl, I skipped my workout. For the third time this week. Bad. Bad Maura. I know. It's foolish of me, I know, to pick this week, to skip my workouts, especially since it's placebo week and I'm like a glass house on a fault line. Funny how I do that stuff, isn't it? I just don't think sometimes. I haven't skipped since I was sick about three weeks ago. Come on, Maura. Really.

Sigh. Tomorrow's the day. Hail or high water. :)

In other news, the kids are doing really well. William has hopped back on the developmental horse, thankfully. He takes these "breaks" every once in a while and won't cooperate with his treatment, and it freaks me out. But he's starting to, of all things, spit out two-and three-word phrases, so I am enormously relieved. The concerns over autism are still there, but his therapist says even if he is on the spectrum, the skills he's learning now are the skills that will make him successful, as opposed to not. So, he's learning to be social, he's learning to form words and apparently phrases, and I feel good about that. As good as I can feel as of yet. I mean, I'd really like to know he doesn't have it. But the worst case scenario right now isn't as bad as I'd originally imagined it. Autism is scary. But if it's becoming possible that he could go to high school and college, have a career, a wife, a family, friends, and hobbies...it might be just a tiny bit less frightening.

And Nora's really rocking the potty. Totally proud of her.

Anyway, it's looking pretty yucky outside, but inside, it's not so much. I could be more on top of the world, but I'm happy with at least not having my legs caught under it. When it's been all storms, I will gladly take partly sunny, thank you.

Tomorrow my hormones switch over, so maybe those clouds will clear.

4 comments:

  1. Yaaaay William! I loved the image of him dancing too. :) That's awesome!

    And yaaaaaay Nora and the potty!

    And yaaaaaay you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it! I have another activity idea for you... grocery store (any store) scavenger hunt. Just for fun or to make a treat or craft. But the goal is to make the search a hunt and have fun at the store. ;) Let me know if you try it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that when you're on the placebo week working out might actually help keep you emotionally balanced. It can also help with cramping and such.
    Fayth is PDD, which is on the Autism spectrum. At this point, she's developmentally behind, but not stopped. She turned 6 last month. So, we shall see. Autism is scary, but so is life. Kid's who are born healthy suffer terrible tragedy as teenagers and never live normal lives afterwards. How you are born doesn't predict your life. Love him. Believe in him. And pray for a little help along the way. His future has yet to be written. Your belief and love will help him to write a bestseller and not just some 99 cent paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! Yeah, I know working out helps; that's why I think I'm an idiot for picking THIS week to not do it. So silly of me.

    I'm very much encouraged by William's progress. He shows me every day how big the gap is between how much faith I have, and how much faith I should have. :) He's an amazing boy!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month