Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Level One

So, I guess the resistance level has gone back to "one." My mind's muscles are still a little sore from cranking out level 10, but, thank you, God, for bringing me back to level one. Thank you for the dear friends I don't make an effort to see nearly enough.

I dragged my pathetic butt to playgroup yesterday, half an hour late. I was about to cry when I realized there was a mass exodus ten minutes after our arrival, but two other moms stayed, and they were the ones I see the most at playgroup and, consequently, know and like the best. Phew. So, as we were getting ready to leave, one of them muttered to me, "Hey, you guys wanna come over for lunch?" Lunch turned into naptime, which turned into us attempting a naptime "slumber party" upstairs while the two of us talked until nearly dinner time. Among the five kids, there was no sleeping to be had. But who cares. They had a great time, and I have a friend. I had sort of forgotten or ceased to care or believe (or something) how imperative friends are to surviving motherhood (and, um, life), esp. when you're away from family. I always thought when we moved on from this one-horse town, I'd brush off my feet and forget it forever. I hesitate to say this hateful thing, but I think I may miss this place, even just a little bit, when we move. That's good, I think. That means my time here won't be 100% miserable. And inside that idea is a wee little bit of hope.

Hope comes with spring, I think. So thankful.

My new friend, K, pointed out to me a house I hadn't looked at. We're going to see it today. I'm a little nervous because it could be oh-so-close to perfect. I don't know why I'm feeling anything, really. It's not even worth thinking about because you just don't know anything until you're physically in a house. I've had to learn that many times. But, anyway, I'm mostly excited today. There are exciting parts and scary parts. Yesterday, we dealt with the scary parts. Today, I'm anticipating the exciting parts, which could either stay exciting or go scary, but whatever. Right now is what matters, and right now, I'm excited.

So, back to level one. I'm gonna try not to let level 10 sneak up on me again like that, but yet enjoy the easy.

In the meantime, anyone wanna rub my shoulders?

2 comments:

  1. :-D Yay. So glad things turned out yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! "Unpause" Congrats on finding a new friend, she sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month