Monday, April 19, 2010

Whoa.

Ever have a moment, like on the elliptical or something, where you're going along, thinking, yeah! I'm doing this! I'm really feeling good. I can do this all day. And then the resistance changes, and you're like, whooooa. *Grunt*

That's life for me right now. The resistance changed, and suddenly, whoa. So my pace today is much, much slower and I don't know how I'm going to get through today's "workout." I will. I just can't see it from here.

So. Things on my plate:

1. We had a sudden realization, after giving up the house hunt, that we could change some of our search criteria and it might make buying a house a very good decision right now. That means we've gotta sign some paperwork in less than two weeks (to get the first-time homebuyers' credit, which, without, we can't do it), and we're not sure if we've found "the one" or not. Lots of emails, phone calls, appointments, and plans to make in order to figure out if the house's quirks are worth it, and, of course, if we can get the price out of it that we need. I refuse to buy a house just to buy one, but we still have to look, and set things up so that it's possible to do it if we find the right one.

2. I'm still looking for a job and coming up pretty much empty-handed. Honestly? My confidence is taking a hit, here.

3. If we move and mommy gets a full-time job and kids go to daycare full-time all at once, it just might not be a good idea for William. And actually, for a woman who's been through at least one major life change per year since 2005 (engagement, marriage and move, baby, baby, move), I was kinda hoping 2010 wouldn't follow suit. Instead, 2010 may be our biggest year yet. That worries me.

4. In a bit of a bickering week with the hubs. Happens to everyone, and it's nothing big; we're still working it out and ending the yucky stuff with hugs, but it still sucks.

5. After my week of kick-butt workouts, I have lost zero pounds, and my body feels exactly the same as it did before last week. I'm mystified, discouraged, and really, really tired.

So today, I would really like to stay in bed and make today disappear. I know, usually around now I give myself some kind of "out of the ashes" pep talk, but it might take me a while to get there today.

It's just...whoa. A little slower, a little harder. *grunt*

4 comments:

  1. Yes. I've had that happen. Don't fall off. Push through. :) And remember, chocolate milk after a tough workout is both delicious and restorative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate milk? Really? Huh. I'm not a milk person, but I'm trying to expand my tastes, so maybe chocolate milk is something I'll try. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!! Today's like a "pause" on a good trip. They all have them, but they pass and the fun resumes. You're doing great! I can totally feel you on the job stuff, the major moves stuff, the hubby stuff, and the workout stuff... So you're pretty normal. I usually workout for over a month before I SEE the results, but the mood benefits happen pretty early on as well as the energy.

    It's all working together for your good. ;-) God has nothing but the best in mind for you, even when we can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update: the day is better. We had a playdate, and one of our friends there invited us over afterwards, and we all had a GREAT time (plus, it took up the rest of the day!). I feel so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month