Saturday, March 13, 2010

Break day!

The result of my conversation with George on Thursday is today. He has taken the kids to visit his aunt and uncle an hour away, and he'll be there till early this afternoon.

House to myself. Ahhh.

I do wish that, having the house to myself, it were a cleaned up one. But as it stands now, the dishes are piled up, a bit of laundry needs folded, the floors need swept (stuff is sticking to my feet. Ew.), and the stickers Nora was playing with yesterday are everywhere. We did try to clean them up earlier. I just keep finding them attached to whatever I'm working with. Pants. Door. Tablecloth. Cabinet. Spoon. Towel. George even crawled out of bed this morning with one stuck to his leg. Anyway, I think that will be at least a portion of my day. I know you're reading this going, "Nooooo! Don't spend your time alone like that!" But I'm just one of those annoying people who can't relax until at least the space in her line of vision is clutter-free. I figure I've got five-ish hours. I'll probably spend one and a half of those fixing up the house.

The rest of it...? I don't know, guys. I certainly don't want to wander around going, "what do I do? What do I do?" for three hours, but surprisingly, I haven't been able to think of anything.

Any input? What would you do if you had the house to yourself until 2:30?

3 comments:

  1. Clean something, make brownies, make a cup of tea, read a book. Enjoy the silence. That's me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good plan! I like that one. Yes. Clean kitchen, make tea, Sherlock Holmes. Or, BHG, if I can find my March issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sleep. catch up on my DVR shows. sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month