Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Show Me Where I Insert the Batteries

Not much to say today. I'm a little frustrated, but not so bad. I had a lovely conversation with a dear friend of mine on the phone, and that helped quite a lot.

Nora is starting to throw temper tantrums. Actually, they both are, but each in their very own special ways. William throws his head back and then head butts. Someday there's gonna be a lot of blood because of that. Coming from my own head, I mean. Anyway, Nora has started throwing herself on the floor while screeching and being boneless when I try to pick her up. Sigh. I have to tell myself she's not growing up into the antichrist; she's just three. Sigh. That can only happen so many times in a day, though, before I'm pretty darn grumpy.

So, I'm ready for my husband to come home. It's time!

I'm going to try to get together with a friend from church today, see if we can squeeze in some socializing before dinner. She has six kids, and they're all grown and some of the sweetest, most well-adjusted people I've ever met. I think I'm going to ask her when and how, exactly, she became superwoman. Does she have, like, lithium instead of blood? This is definitely an appointment that should take place. I want to know where she hides her battery pack.

Off to get the kids up from their nap. This day will end, right? Or get better? Or both?

Here's hoping.

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah, screaming and doing the limp noodle are classic three. even supermoms have kids who tantrum (at least in private). don't let them intimidate you. and even the most "spirited" three year olds don't necessarily turn into brats. just think of it as asserting her independence. it's a good thing. really. just keep telling yourself that.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month