Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cool B

Finally.

I had my first appointment with my new therapist yesterday evening. And she...is...fantastic. In fact, from here on out, I shall call her B, for Beacon of Light.

So. B is the only therapist I have found yet who seems to be exactly on the same page as me with regard to medicine. She said she's by no means opposed to medication, but she doesn't hear me talking irrationally, doesn't see that I'm in immediate crisis, and therefore, she doesn't see medicine as a mandatory item for me. Now, if, at my stage in this process, I weren't making any sense when I was talking, or if I were making plans to hurt myself, she wouldn't see the meds as an option. In fact, she'd consider me to be in great danger. But, from where we were yesterday (she even said, from what we talked about, that she can tell I've made progress since the beginning of the mess) she thinks that for me, it isn't a necessity, and entirely up to my discretion. She said she'd be supportive in seeking out alternative and natural methods with me.

In other news, Opriskos are still averaging 2-4 hours of uninterrupted (or interrupted) hours of sleep at night. It sucks. Um, God, would you please turn off the snot faucet in my son's nose? Thank you.

Oh, and speaking of faucets, I was pretty down yesterday, but I perked myself up a little by figuring out how to fix our broken showerhead. Yes, that's right, folks. Little me, who doesn't know a hinge from a door, actually looked at it, figured out what part I'd need, found the part at the store for $5, and replaced it in roughly 45 seconds. With these two hands. *flex* Then I took the first shower in a month which didn't require holding the shower head up with my own hand, and then putting it down to soap up. It didn't get rid of my stress yesterday, and didn't put me on top of the world, but I'll take what mood lift I can get, right?

So, William is skipping his nap right now in order to practice blowing kisses. I can hear him going "Mmmmmmmmmm-AHHH!" Over and over. Cute, but definitely needs addressing.

See you all tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. hi. i've been reading your blog since it started. you know me as justice. i started a new confidential blog about mental illness and my son. it doesn't link to any of my other blogs for privacy reasons. you can check it out here http://battlingchildhoodbipolar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you! Nice job fixing the shower! I always find fixing something to be so empowering. :) Roar.

    And yay B. But do look into hypnosis before you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely planning to do so. I'm not comfortable trying it without knowing anything about it. That's kind of anything, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month