Monday, March 8, 2010

Rockin a Monday

That's right, folks. Today, surprisingly, is great so far.

George left early yesterday morning for a huge student affairs conference at which he's presenting. It is all very, very big. Anyway, that's in Chicago, and I'm a single mama this week, Sunday-Wednesday. Eek. I was nervous.

Yesterday, the kids wore their butts out at church. We stayed late. Normally, we do, but we stayed late enough that they were both lying on the floor, practically begging me for naps. They slept the entire afternoon away, and I had to wake them up at 4:30. Crazy! By then, it was time for dinner, and so I did something I haven't done in probably 6 months: I took the kids out for chicken nuggets. I told Nora it was for her birthday, and that got her pretty excited. She had on her brand-new tutu and a frilly magenta headband with a *huge* flower on it. It was precious. People at the restaurant asked me if she was in a dance class, and I told them, no. It's just her birthday. :)

Today, then, the kids are at a wonderful daycare for the morning. I was actually nervous about doing this, and the whole inevitable leaving-crying situation, but there was none of that. They immediately went for the toys and they totally forgot I was even there. So, I left. That was it. No tears. Neither of them even looked up when I said goodbye! Some mothers would be hurt by that, I guess, but I was thankful. Anything but tears and mama-don't-leave-me.

So, then, that was really enough to make my day great. It was. But then I went to the gym and weighed myself.

I am at the lowest weight I have been since my first trimester with Nora.

AAAAAAAA! Seriously. I really did yell, right there, on the scale, in the locker room. I really did the whole workout thing for my mind. That's why I'm doing it. I wasn't even really doing it for my body so much because I kind of didn't believe that it would spring back to pre-baby form, but I am amazed. I never thought my abs would be the same again. But here they come again! Hey guys! Missed you!

So. Wow. I think I might be able to make it!

2 comments:

Pageviews last month