Thursday, March 4, 2010

Good days and ehhhhh days

I didn't wake up today saying, "Yeah! Take on the world!" It was more like, "No! Crap!"

Bad sign.

Last week, William was up every night from midnight till 4ish, and we thought he was transitioning out of that (he was working on a molar, which is finally starting to come through). But last night, he was up at least four times. That's still better than last week, but crappy enough to ruin my 6 am workout. I woke up at 7, and we both rolled over and went back to sleep, every once in a while waking up to Nora whining, to which we said, "SHHH."

Ugh. I don't have a good feeling about today. I'm ready and willing to be surprised. In fact, please, God, let me be surprised. It's just that even when I start my days on top of the world, it only lasts me until about 2:30. What the heck am I supposed to do when I start my days off grumpy?

On to my goals:

Media: Easy right now. No problems.
Prayer: Haven't had decent prayer time in two weeks. Partly my fault, partly the fault of sucky, unorganized days, or days that cry, "REVOLUTION!" when I put a plan on it.
Exercise: Hit it on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. You heard what happened to Thursday.
Communication: Really, really good. He did pout when I told him to put on black socks with his dress shoes instead of white ones before he left for work today. But we communicated.
Counseling: Since D canceled our last appointment, I'm still waiting to hear when she'll be back to work.

So, there it is. Some good and some bad. I'm inclined to be grumpy about the bad, but my goal today is to be pleased with the good. Because the good is very, very good.

*Whine* It's so hard. Today would've been a good day to hear my football players screaming at each other. Funny as it is, it's actually pretty inspiring.

See you tomorrow, boys.

3 comments:

  1. Funny. I'm whiny and grouchy today too and was contemplating skipping my workout because I'm so dang tired. But maybe I'll go and pray that the endorphins transfer, miraculously, to you. God does funny stuff like that sometimes. :)
    I wish I had something funny to tell you... Hm.
    *thinking*
    *thinking*
    *yawning*
    Nope. Got nothin'.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey. I just read your little blurb under your blog title. Cute, tres cute. "Got a spout to climb." That is one. great. image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks! :) I did do some Tae Bo with the "help" of my dear daughter. But I think you should still go work out. ;) Look at your hot bod! How could you not? (I'm always more motivated when I feel good about my body, weird as that is).

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month