So, I'm pushing on with this job thing. Thank you, J-Momma, for the smart words on how the next choice doesn't have to be my "forever" choice. It changed my perspective.
I found three jobs this morning to apply for, and I think while the kids nap, I will get a shower and then work on my resume. One is in broadcast news, actually, which I never thought I'd do. And I may continue to never do it. It looks like there are a few requirements I don't have a ton of practice in, but I think that if it came down to it, honestly, I'm pretty sure I could rock it. I would love to give this a try.
Another one is public relations for a pro sports team. Hm. I'm actually surprised that this is as appealing to me as it is, but...it is. :) I'm actually very confident I could do this one well.
Another one is a temp job, which...eh. I'm not looking for something temporary, but as they always say, temporary can always lead to something a little more permanent. It's a curriculum editor position for language arts. I helped teach a remedial English/composition class in college and I loved it. I was actually pretty awesome at it. I've always been very proud of the job I did there, and I think this would be a good chance to put those skills to use again.
So there's some good options. Three in one day. That's pretty good, especially considering that what I usually see are either hardcore sales positions (YECH--I'd rather starve to death. Or drown in sand. With a pitchfork in my eye. Or sit at home on the couch, popping some Zoloft) and senior-level editorial positions. Now, believe me, senior-level editorial is by no means unappealing to me, but I'm definitely not ready for it yet. Someday. But not today. :)
I think I'll be okay today. Well, I'm okay right now. And that matters.
*applause* (not applesauce, which is what I almost wrote)
ReplyDelete*holding a "Go You!" banner*
Loving it!! As my pastor has been reminding us, it's important to "get in the game." As a fellow job seeking, I am praying the best for you. Along with patience for the process - this is the hardest lesson for me to learn and make peace with. If you ever want to vent, my door is always open. :-)
ReplyDeletewell. it's about time that my constant unsolicited blog stalking advice paid off! good luck.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first time I've read your blog. Didn't know much about your medical condition. Glad to know you're on the upswing. Pray for God to lead you to the right job (I'm doing the same) and trust that He will do so. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDelete