Poor D. She's sick and had to cancel. No word on when I'll get my appointment; she's going to the doctor today and will find out then when she can come back to work. That upper respiratory stuff going around sucks. I'm glad I've mostly avoided it.
So this gives me a little extra time to fine-tune what I'm going to say. I think it's coming together.
I don't have much else to say, so I'll close out with a few kid antics.
I was taking my shower, and as I was toweling off, I hear a resounding crash, followed by wailing. Half naked and dripping, I tear down the stairs to find William standing at the gate. His sippy cup was halfway down the hallway. So. He threw his sippy cup. Over the gate. That was the crash. And he was mad that he couldn't reach it anymore. *catching breath* I gotta admit. That was the best case scenario. In addition to the fact that I didn't take the stairs like a water slide.
William climbed up on the chair Nora was standing on today. I turned around for a split second, during which Nora decided she would give William an enormous bear hug, which of course knocked him over on his face. Poor buddy got a huge bump on his forehead and bit his tongue, but was otherwise okay. Nora felt terrible and when all the things she tried to give him (sippy cup, nuk, a kiss on his boo-boo) didn't make him feel better, she offered her blanket as comfort. And it actually worked. Sweetest thing I've seen today.
I picked up Nora by her shoulders and butt and held her over my head, acting like I couldn't find her. I said, "Nora, where are you?" She dropped her bunny. "Oh, there you are, Nora! I'm glad to see you! But you're a bunny!" She said, "Yes. I am. Hop hop."
Last one: I asked William, "Hey, buddy, what song do you want to sing?" He made the motion of the Itsy Bitsy Spider climbing the spout. I said, "Oh, you want to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider?" He said, "Pider."
Ah! They're so great some days.
No comments:
Post a Comment