Friday, March 5, 2010

Grateful for stress?

Today I am glad for a funny thing: a stressful situation.

I mean, "glad" is a relative term. Because I'm really upset about this particular thing, even to the point of a handful of shed tears. But I'm actually holding it together. I haven't shut down, which is what I normally do. I normally call George in tears, you know, can't do it. Can't take it anymore.

I'm not there yet. I may be speaking a little too soon, and there may be even more shed tears before this whole thing has passed. But I'm very much encouraged to note that, even when faced with something very upsetting, I'm functioning like an able person, and I'm still doing all I can to make this thing work.

So far. Heh. ;) I'll keep ya posted.

3 comments:

  1. that's good. that's very good. progress should be celebrated no matter how small. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you start being cryptic like this, I start envisioning a little Oprisko #3... ;)

    I'm so glad I'm far away so you can't belt me for that one. :-D

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Yeah. Be very glad you're far away. I'm stressed, but not as stressed as I would be in that situation. That would be a TOTAL meltdown. They'd have to lock me up. Oh, dear friend. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Pageviews last month